Friday, April 20, 2012

Activity 1

The first article, Good at Math? Good at Science? What's Your Brain Type . . . I read was about left brain -vs- right brain and I find it very interesting. I know a lot of people who really fit into one of those two learning styles. I took the test to find out whether I was left or right brained and I am very close to 50/50. My results were 52 left and 48 right. I don't know if that's good or bad?? I made it this far in life, so I guess it's fine.
The other two articles I read were, Right Brain Dominant Learners and The Left Brain Dominant Child and Learning. These articles were really neat because it made me look at my own son. He is four years old and I strongly believe he is close to 50/50 also. He is a "neat freak" and likes to organize things. But loves to color and design things and listen to music. I am not 100% sure what type of learner he is yet. He can listen to someone and follow their instructions very well, and at the same time he loves doing things with his hands and pays real close attention to visual directions. So time will tell what he develops into.

1 comment:

  1. Your description of your son could have been written about my youngest son. He's 7, usually has a pretty clean room, and loves to draw and color and sing.

    I think it's fascinating to read about the brain and how it works to shape who we are and what we choose to do in life. I'll have to take that test to see where I fall on the right/left brain continuum.

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete